By Lawrence Baker
Through using fundamental resource records, readers can know about key critiques and laws within the very important box of animal rights and welfare—a present and hugely correct topic.
• presents broad insurance of a number of issues, starting from historical occasions and knowledge to the most recent advancements within the box of animal rights and welfare
• provides an neutral, balanced illustration of varied political/moral views at the matters in animals rights and welfare
• deals basic resource material—such because the Wild Horse Annie Act of 1959—that permits readers to check the precise textual content of significant legislation
• supplies readers the assets to attract their very own expert conclusions by means of delivering opposing views on often-polarizing animal rights and welfare matters, corresponding to the morality of utilizing animals for commercial and clinical learn, restoring wolves to former looking grounds, and protecting extremely smart dolphins and Orcas in captivity
• comprises supplemental fabric that gives extra context
Read or Download Animal Rights and Welfare: A Documentary and Reference Guide: A Documentary and Reference Guide (Documentary and Reference Guides) PDF
Best fishing & outdoors reference books
A entire normal historical past of 1 of Britain’s favorite animalsThe badger has for a few years occupied a different position within the British attention. even though most folks have by no means obvious one, the badger has turn into one in all Britain's best-loved animals. The variety of enterprises that use the badger as an emblem, the variety of web content that includes information regarding badgers, and the variety of voluntary badger defense societies that exist are testomony to this attractiveness.
The final word must-have consultant for selecting migrant raptors, Hawks at a Distance is the 1st quantity to target far away raptors as they're really obvious within the box. Jerry Liguori, a number one specialist on North American raptors, components in new details and ways for determining twenty-nine species of raptor in a number of lights events and settings.
This striking choice of engravings presents designers and advertisement artists with a powerful sourcebook of Victorian-era plant photographs — all royalty-free. incorporated are 2,400 crisply certain illustrations of hundreds of thousands of vegetation — from lilies, lichens, mushrooms and marigolds, to poppies, hands, maples, and mosses.
Besuch bei den Kopfjägern"Schweißperlen stehen auf der Stirn, das Gesicht glänzt feucht. Der Körper ist klitschnass. Die Kleidung klebt am Körper. Die Schuhe scheinen sich tonnenschwer durch den modrigen und glitschigen Matsch zu quälen. Und dann: es schwirrt überall. Fliegen, Mücken, Käfer, teilweise so klein, dass sie nur als dunkle Pünktchen auf der Kleidung zu erkennen sind.
- Pocketguide to Eastern Wetlands
- The Complete Guide to Edible Wild Plants
- Wetterprophet Natur: So nützt man Tiere und Pflanzen zur Wettervorhersage (German Edition)
- Abfallwirtschaft: Duales System Deutschland. Anspruch und Wirklichkeit (German Edition)
Extra info for Animal Rights and Welfare: A Documentary and Reference Guide: A Documentary and Reference Guide (Documentary and Reference Guides)