By Erich W Steinman,Brett Genny Beemyn
- the ordinary determine of the predatory, immoral bisexual guy within the novels of E. Lynn Harris
- the missed bisexual topics in James Baldwin's vintage novels one other nation and Giovanni's Room
- the murderous bisexual males in such movies as Blue Velvet and American Commandos
- the portrayal in women's magazines of the bisexual husband as a promiscuous, deceitful AIDS provider
- the conflicts inside of sexual-identity politics among homosexual males and bisexual males
- the focal point on bisexual orientation, instead of sexual habit, as a danger issue for AIDS Continuing the culture of Bisexuality within the Lives of fellows: evidence and Fictions, Bisexual males in tradition and Society bargains an excellent research of the lives of bisexual males and their precarious place inside of a racist, sexist, and homophobic society.
Read or Download Bisexual Men in Culture and Society PDF
Similar gay & lesbian nonfiction books
Giving voice to a inhabitants too not often said, candy Tea collects greater than sixty existence tales from black homosexual males who have been born, raised, and proceed to dwell within the South. E. Patrick Johnson demanding situations stereotypes of the South as "backward" or "repressive" and gives a window into the methods black homosexual males negotiate their identities, construct group, preserve friendship networks, and locate sexual and existence partners--often in areas and actions that seem to be antigay.
Observe the awesome girl at the back of the legend. observe Christine Jorgensen’s awesome, inspirational trip to develop into the girl she consistently knew she must have been. changing into a lady: A Biography of Christine Jorgensen offers attention-grabbing insights in regards to the girl who opened doors—and minds—on behalf of sexual minorities.
The expanding numbers of LGBT children who decide to stay their lives as "out" adolescence face targeted matters inside their colleges, households, and groups. This booklet presents info that would aid LGBT formative years triumph over their demanding situations and provides non-LGBT early life a greater knowing of sexual identities diversified from their very own.
“Gender structures pervade and control human lives—in legislation courts and working rooms, ballparks and poker golf equipment, hair-dressing salons and kitchens, study rooms and playgroups. . . . precisely how gender works varies from tradition to tradition, and from historic interval to historic interval, yet gender is especially rarely not at paintings.
- Nobody Is Supposed to Know: Black Sexuality on the Down Low
- Making Space for Queer-Identifying Religious Youth
- Cold War Femme: Lesbianism, National Identity, and Hollywood Cinema
- Judging the Boy Scouts of America: Gay Rights, Freedom of Association, and the Dale Case
- Love, Heterosexuality and Society: Sociological Perspectives on Love and Heterosexuality (Routledge Advances in Sociology)
Extra resources for Bisexual Men in Culture and Society