By Stephen Schneider
Characterized either through its interdisciplinary and its utilized nature, crime prevention is prompted by means of diversified fields equivalent to psychology, sociology, criminology, future health care, city making plans and layout, schooling, economics, group improvement, and social paintings, between others. The examine of crime prevention is additionally interested by constructing and comparing interventions for purposes in real-world settings. as well as exploring uncomplicated strategies and theories, Crime Prevention: idea and Practice displays the predominantly utilized nature of the sphere, supplying readers the data and abilities essential to plan, enforce, overview, and maintain potent crime prevention interventions.
The publication examines dominant methods (situational, social improvement, neighborhood crime prevention, and group policing), in addition to process-oriented concerns necessary to its program (planning, enforcing, and comparing a criminal offense prevention project), balancing a scholarly research of the topic whereas providing valuable abilities.
Emphasizing an experiential studying procedure, this text:
- Presents an creation to and assessment of the idea and perform of crime prevention
- Explains how etiological theories of crime and felony habit tell all of the dominant crime prevention approaches
- Encourages the improvement of data, services, and useful talents between scholars and crime prevention practitioners that may be utilized within the actual world
- Provides a close, step by step method of the making plans, implementation, evaluate, and upkeep of profitable crime prevention interventions
- Enhances the advance of severe analytical considering, conversation, and writing abilities of the reader
The textual content comprises studying pursuits, dialogue questions, case experiences, interactive routines, and box study assignments which floor the theoretical suggestions in a pragmatic framework, supplying an optimum studying adventure for college students and practitioners alike.
Read Online or Download Crime Prevention: Theory and Practice PDF
Best criminal law books
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2010 im Fachbereich Jura - Strafrecht, notice: 14, Universität Potsdam (Juristische Fakultät), Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Die Untreue bildet zusammen mit dem Betrugstatbestand den Kernbereich des Vermögensstrafrechts. Umso unbefriedigender erscheint es, dass der Untreuetatbestand unübersichtlich ist und sich durch allgemein schwer bestimmbare Tatbestandsmerkmale auszeichnet, welche zudem noch vollkommen umstritten sind.
Compliment for the 1st Edition:"Sex criminal legislation . . . is an effective resource for [a] balanced, target, and thorough critique of our present intercourse criminal regulations in addition to a resource for actual information regarding a truly heterogeneous inhabitants. . . . The message that sexual abuse is usually a multifaceted and complicated factor and that coverage in keeping with quickly fixes or knee jerk reactions doesn't usually paintings could be informative and enlightening to many readers.
Up to date legislations AND loose INTERACTIVE routines! Written through an skilled instructor and senior examiner, this publication covers the entire legislations wanted for OCR A2 Unit G153: legal legislation and Unit G154: felony legislation exact examine Unit. totally up to date in 2015 with fresh instances and legislation it really is written in a full of life, transparent and available method and is designed to aid scholars of all studying types to appreciate the topic.
Terrorism: statement on safety files is a chain that gives basic resource records and professional observation on quite a few issues on the subject of the global attempt to wrestle terrorism, in addition to efforts through the U.S. and different international locations to guard their nationwide safeguard pursuits. quantity one hundred forty five, The North Korean probability, examines the thoughts followed via the us, China, and the foreign neighborhood in line with the nuclear probability posed through North Korea.
- Criminal Justice Procedure
- Law as Punishment / Law as Regulation (The Amherst Series in Law, Jurisprudence)
- Transitional Justice: Images and Memories (Advances in Criminology)
- Rethinking Rape Law: International and Comparative Perspectives
- The "No B.S." Guide to Surviving Your Florida DUI
Additional info for Crime Prevention: Theory and Practice