By Sarah B., EdD, MPH, RN, C-PNP, FAAN Keating,Stephanie S., PhD, APRN, ACNS-BC, CCRN DeBoor
"This is a close but sensible advisor to making plans, constructing, and comparing nursing curricula and academic courses. It presents a complete and important viewpoint at the totality of variables impacting curricular decisions...This publication offers readers with a finished evaluate of curriculum improvement, remodel, and review processes…92 - four Stars"
- --Doody's e-book Reviews
Reorganized and up-to-date to convey functional instructions for evidence-based curricular switch and improvement, the fourth version of this vintage textual content highlights present examine in nursing schooling as a springboard for graduate scholars and school of their quest for study tasks, theses, dissertations, and scholarly actions. It additionally specializes in the categorical sciences of nursing schooling and application assessment as they pertain to nursing educators. New chapters handle the position of school relating to curriculum improvement and approval strategies in altering academic environments; direction improvement concepts for utilizing studying theories, academic taxonomies, and team-building; wishes evaluation and the body elements version; ADN and BSN and pathways to raised levels; and making plans for doctoral education.
The fourth version maintains to supply the exact wisdom and sensible functions priceless for brand spanking new and skilled school to take part in crucial elements of the tutorial role—instruction, curriculum, and assessment. At its middle, the textual content discusses the significance of wishes evaluate and facts as a foundation for revising or constructing new courses and highlights considered necessary assets and political help. With a spotlight on interdisciplinary collaboration, the booklet addresses the expansion of simulation, the best way to support new college transition into the tutorial function, and use of curriculum in either perform and educational settings. also, the e-book describes the background and evolution of present nursing curricula and provides the theories, ideas, and instruments beneficial for curriculum improvement. Chapters contain ambitions, dialogue issues, studying actions, references, and a glossary.
New to the Fourth Edition:
- Reorganized and up-to-date to mirror fresh evidence-based curricular alterations and developments
- Highlights present research
- New bankruptcy: Implementation of Curriculum – path improvement concepts for the appliance of studying Theories, academic Taxonomies, and guide Team-Building
- New bankruptcy on making plans for Undergraduate Programs
- New content material on wishes review and the body elements Model
- New content material on making plans for Doctoral schooling in Nursing
- New content material on curriculum assessment, monetary aid, price range administration, and use of evidence
- Supports new school as they transition to academe
- Addresses the necessity for getting ready extra college educators as outlined by way of IOM file, the ACA, and the Consensus Model
- Describes the scope of educational curriculum types at each perform and educational level
- Threads the idea that of interdisciplinary collaboration in schooling throughout
- Serves as a CNE Certification Review
Read Online or Download Curriculum Development and Evaluation in Nursing Education PDF
Best nursing books
"As anticipated, this e-book is advanced however it can also be attractive, thought-provoking, and fascinating since it is helping nurses and different readers imagine deeply approximately assembly the wishes of sufferers at their such a lot susceptible moments. rating: ninety four, four Stars--Doody's clinical ReviewsCallista Roy, one among nursingís major theorists and author of the generally used Roy variation version of Nursing, provides a special pathway for constructing wisdom for nursing perform.
This e-book introduces key subject matters from sociology that are suitable to midwifery audiences. Introductions to the classical theorists and the more moderen sociological views that form modern sociology are offered within the context in their applicability to midwifery perform. complicated sociological debates are provided in an easy demeanour, using idea to medical perform.
First variation a 2013 Doody’s center name and AJN publication of the 12 months Award Winner! this article offers top-tier tips for DNP scholars, graduate college, APRNs and different healthcare companies on how one can use to be had examine for bettering sufferer results and decreasing expenses. it's the basically source written expressly to fulfill the targets of DNP classes.
An unrivaled compendium of state of the art details on self neglectThis authoritative source in presents nurses and healthcare pros with a complete assessment and research of self-neglect in older adults. With an getting older worldwide inhabitants, self-neglect is rising as a posh challenge that crosses a number of disciplines of wellbeing and fitness and social care.
- Mosby's Pocket Guide to Nursing Skills and Procedures - E-Book (Nursing Pocket Guides)
- Drain's PeriAnesthesia Nursing: A Critical Care Approach
- Certified Pediatric Emergency Nurse Review: Putting It All Together
- Pflegemanagement Heute (German Edition)
- Bemessung von Hilfe und Pflege für einen Menschen im Sozialversicherungsbereich SGB (German Edition)
Additional resources for Curriculum Development and Evaluation in Nursing Education