By Nathan Yau
A clean examine visualization from the writer of Visualize This
Whether it is statistical charts, geographic maps, or the snappy graphical facts you notice in your favourite information websites, the artwork of knowledge portraits or visualization is speedy changing into a circulation of its personal. In Data issues: Visualization that implies Something, writer Nathan Yau provides an fascinating supplement to his bestseller Visualize This, this time concentrating on the pix aspect of information research. utilizing examples from artwork, layout, enterprise, facts, cartography, and on-line media, he explores either standard-and now not so standard-concepts and concepts approximately illustrating data.
- Shares interesting principles from Nathan Yau, writer of Visualize This and author of flowingdata.com, with over 66,000 subscribers
- Focuses on visualization, facts pix that aid audience see developments and styles they won't another way see in a table
- Includes examples from the author's personal illustrations, in addition to from pros in records, artwork, layout, company, machine technology, cartography, and more
- Examines general principles throughout all visualization functions, then explores whilst and the place you could holiday these rules
Create visualizations that sign in in any respect degrees, with Data issues: Visualization that implies Something.
Read or Download Data Points: Visualization That Means Something PDF
Similar mathematical & statistical books
In die Stochastik Mit Elementen der Bayes-Statistik und der examine unscharfer info Dritte, uberarbeitete und erweiterte Auflage Springers Lehrbucher der Informatik Springer-Verlag Wien GmbH o. Univ. -Prof. Dipl. -Ing. Dr. techno Reinhard Kar! Wolfgang Viertl Institut fur Statistik und Wahrscheinlichkeitstheorie Technische Universitat Wien, Osterreich Das Werk ist urheberrechtlich geschutzt.
Have to examine Minitab? challenge Solved! start utilizing Minitab correct means with support from this hands-on advisor. Minitab Demystified walks you thru crucial Minitab positive aspects and exhibits you the way to use them to unravel statistical research difficulties. that includes assurance of Minitab sixteen, this functional advisor explores the Minitab interface and the entire diversity of Minitab pix, Distribution types, statistical periods, speculation checking out, and pattern dimension calculations are truly defined.
Chris Olsen's educating user-friendly information with JMP demonstrates this strong software program, providing the newest study on "best perform" in instructing statistics and the way JMP can facilitate it. simply as records is info in a context, this e-book offers JMP in a context: instructing facts. Olsen comprises quite a few examples of fascinating info and intersperses JMP suggestions and statistical analyses with concepts from the facts schooling literature.
The 3rd version of this profitable textual content describes and evaluates various favourite numerical equipment, with an emphasis on challenge fixing. each technique is mentioned completely and illustrated with difficulties related to either hand computation and programming. MATLAB® M-files accompany every one strategy and come at the book's web content.
- Early Software Reliability Prediction: A Fuzzy Logic Approach (Studies in Fuzziness and Soft Computing)
- Data Preparation for Analytics Using SAS (SAS Press)
- Informal Introduction to Stochastic Processes with Maple (Universitext)
- Strategies for Formulations Development: A Step-by-Step Guide Using JMP
- SAS Functions by Example, Second Edition
Extra resources for Data Points: Visualization That Means Something