By Gloria Kersey-Matusiak PhD RN
"I have came upon this e-book valuable. Many basics books gloss over the idea that of cultural competence and scholars consider they comprehend till they're faced with a medical scenario. This ebook presents a chance for readers to realize a deeper and simpler understanding."--Doody's clinical Reviews
Offering a how-to method of the advance and alertness of cultural competency talents in nursing, this article offers various options for cultural self-assessment and cultural sufferer review. Its exact framework for self-assessment--considered to be a hugely very important side of constructing culturally powerfuble nursing care--is in line with the Cultural Competency Staircase version, a self-assessment version built through the writer who has over 30 years of scientific perform in culturally various settings.
The textual content starts by means of defining cultural competency and describes how nurses can use the Staircase version to figure out their point of cultural competence. Emphasis is put on constructing cross-cultural communique abilities and resolving cross-cultural conflicts. The booklet presents instruments for the cultural review of sufferers and makes a speciality of operating with culturally assorted colleagues and sufferer populations. utilizing case vignettes, it provides complex scientific situations with regards to cultural variety and discusses how one can unravel them. every one bankruptcy opens with studying goals and word list phrases and ends with key issues, NCLEX-RN evaluate questions and a listing of extra resources.The AACN Cultural abilities for Baccalaureate Graduates are addressed in each one chapter.
- Provides a number of thoughts to aid nurses in facilitating cultural competency
- Introduces an easy-to-follow self-assessment version for nursing scholars and beginner nurses
- Covers operating with culturally diversified colleagues, care of bariatric sufferers, and care of recent immigrants >
- Includes demanding case eventualities drawn from genuine lifestyles occasions
- Designed to be used all through undergraduate curriculum
Read or Download Delivering Culturally Competent Nursing Care PDF
Similar nursing books
"As anticipated, this e-book is complicated however it is usually attractive, thought-provoking, and interesting since it is helping nurses and different readers imagine deeply approximately assembly the desires of sufferers at their so much weak moments. rating: ninety four, four Stars--Doody's clinical ReviewsCallista Roy, one among nursingís prime theorists and writer of the generally used Roy model version of Nursing, offers a special pathway for constructing wisdom for nursing perform.
This e-book introduces key issues from sociology that are correct to midwifery audiences. Introductions to the classical theorists and the more moderen sociological views that form modern sociology are awarded within the context in their applicability to midwifery perform. complicated sociological debates are awarded in an easy demeanour, utilising thought to medical perform.
First version a 2013 Doody’s center identify and AJN ebook of the 12 months Award Winner! this article offers top-tier assistance for DNP scholars, graduate school, APRNs and different healthcare services on how you can use to be had learn for bettering sufferer results and decreasing expenses. it's the merely source written expressly to fulfill the targets of DNP classes.
An unrivaled compendium of state of the art details on self neglectThis authoritative source in offers nurses and healthcare pros with a complete evaluate and research of self-neglect in older adults. With an getting older international inhabitants, self-neglect is rising as a posh challenge that crosses a number of disciplines of healthiness and social care.
- The Nurse Workforce in the Eastern Caribbean: Meeting the Challenges of Noncommunicable Diseases (Directions in Development;Directions in Development - Human Development)
- Public Health Nursing: A Textbook for Health Visitors, School Nurses and Occupational Health Nurses
- Canadian Essentials of Nursing Research
- Pediatric Nurse Exam Secrets Study Guide: PN Test Review for the Pediatric Nurse Exam
- Social Media for Nurses: Educating Practitioners and Patients in a Networked World
Additional resources for Delivering Culturally Competent Nursing Care