By Joyce Quinn,Susan Woodward
This strange encyclopedia brings jointly in-depth info on greater than 450 common geographic beneficial properties from around the globe and provides an array of inventive instruments to advertise severe considering and lecture room discussion.
• presents a one-stop reference for college kids of geography and environmental and earth sciences
• bargains international insurance of numerous gains, even if terrestrial, aquatic, geological, ecological, or physiographic
• comprises an summary of a few of the forms of landforms of the area, how they're shaped, and the way they proceed to alter over time
• Explains every one feature's origins and value, in addition to significant environmental matters during which it is involved
• exhibits the significance of positive factors to the advance of Western technological know-how and modern medical concept in fields corresponding to evolutionary biology, paleontology, plate tectonics, and weather change
• incorporates a "Top 10s Appendix" to impress scholar curiosity via data resembling the tallest mountains, greatest lakes, and longest rivers
Read Online or Download Earth's Landscape: An Encyclopedia of the World's Geographic Features [2 volumes]: An Encyclopedia of the World's Geographic Features PDF
Best fishing & outdoors reference books
A accomplished usual heritage of 1 of Britain’s favorite animalsThe badger has for a few years occupied a different position within the British attention. even though most folks have by no means obvious one, the badger has turn into certainly one of Britain's best-loved animals. The variety of organizations that use the badger as an emblem, the variety of web pages that includes information regarding badgers, and the variety of voluntary badger defense societies that exist are testomony to this reputation.
The final word must-have consultant for picking migrant raptors, Hawks at a Distance is the 1st quantity to target far-off raptors as they're actually obvious within the box. Jerry Liguori, a number one specialist on North American raptors, components in new details and ways for selecting twenty-nine species of raptor in quite a few lights events and settings.
This remarkable choice of engravings presents designers and advertisement artists with a powerful sourcebook of Victorian-era plant photographs — all royalty-free. incorporated are 2,400 crisply distinct illustrations of hundreds of thousands of crops — from lilies, lichens, mushrooms and marigolds, to poppies, hands, maples, and mosses.
Besuch bei den Kopfjägern"Schweißperlen stehen auf der Stirn, das Gesicht glänzt feucht. Der Körper ist klitschnass. Die Kleidung klebt am Körper. Die Schuhe scheinen sich tonnenschwer durch den modrigen und glitschigen Matsch zu quälen. Und dann: es schwirrt überall. Fliegen, Mücken, Käfer, teilweise so klein, dass sie nur als dunkle Pünktchen auf der Kleidung zu erkennen sind.
- Little Data Book on Financial Development 2014 (Global Financial Development Report)
- Heritage Apples
- Black Bears (Falcon Pocket Guides)
- Ideenbuch Nützlingshotels: Für Igel, Vögel, Käfer & Co. (German Edition)
Additional resources for Earth's Landscape: An Encyclopedia of the World's Geographic Features [2 volumes]: An Encyclopedia of the World's Geographic Features