By Benjamin M. Bolker
Ecological types and information in R is the 1st actually functional advent to fashionable statistical equipment for ecology. In step by step element, the publication teaches ecology graduate scholars and researchers every thing they should recognize so that it will use greatest chance, information-theoretic, and Bayesian suggestions to investigate their very own info utilizing the programming language R. Drawing on huge event educating those ideas to graduate scholars in ecology, Benjamin Bolker indicates how you can decide upon between and build statistical types for information, estimate their parameters and self assurance limits, and interpret the consequences. The booklet additionally covers statistical frameworks, the philosophy of statistical modeling, and important mathematical capabilities and likelihood distributions. It calls for no programming background--only simple calculus and statistics.
- Practical, beginner-friendly creation to trendy statistical suggestions for ecology utilizing the programming language R
- Step-by-step directions for becoming types to messy, real-world info
- Balanced view of alternative statistical ways
- Wide insurance of techniques--from easy (distribution becoming) to complicated (state-space modeling)
- Techniques for information manipulation and graphical show
- Companion site with facts and R code for all examples
Read or Download Ecological Models and Data in R PDF
Similar mathematical & statistical books
In die Stochastik Mit Elementen der Bayes-Statistik und der examine unscharfer info Dritte, uberarbeitete und erweiterte Auflage Springers Lehrbucher der Informatik Springer-Verlag Wien GmbH o. Univ. -Prof. Dipl. -Ing. Dr. techno Reinhard Kar! Wolfgang Viertl Institut fur Statistik und Wahrscheinlichkeitstheorie Technische Universitat Wien, Osterreich Das Werk ist urheberrechtlich geschutzt.
Have to examine Minitab? challenge Solved! start utilizing Minitab correct approach with aid from this hands-on consultant. Minitab Demystified walks you thru crucial Minitab positive factors and exhibits you ways to use them to resolve statistical research difficulties. that includes insurance of Minitab sixteen, this functional consultant explores the Minitab interface and the entire variety of Minitab pix, Distribution versions, statistical durations, speculation checking out, and pattern dimension calculations are basically defined.
Chris Olsen's educating straightforward statistics with JMP demonstrates this strong software program, delivering the most recent examine on "best perform" in educating statistics and the way JMP can facilitate it. simply as information is info in a context, this ebook provides JMP in a context: instructing information. Olsen contains a variety of examples of fascinating facts and intersperses JMP ideas and statistical analyses with suggestions from the data schooling literature.
The 3rd version of this winning textual content describes and evaluates a variety of time-honored numerical equipment, with an emphasis on challenge fixing. each process is mentioned completely and illustrated with difficulties related to either hand computation and programming. MATLAB® M-files accompany each one technique and come at the book's online page.
- MuPAD: Eine Einführung (German Edition)
- Practitioner's Knowledge Representation: A Pathway to Improve Software Effort Estimation
- Mathematics, Computer Science and Logic - A Never Ending Story: The Bruno Buchberger Festschrift
- R in 24 Hours, Sams Teach Yourself
Extra info for Ecological Models and Data in R