By Eden Kan PhD RN,Susan Stabler-Haas MSN RN
Praise for the 1st Edition:
"[O]ffers recommendation on every little thing from organizing the medical adventure to realizing the criminal problems with medical education....The authors have 32 years of mixed instructing event and may be able to provide caliber, genuine lifestyles, transparent directions and recommendation in an easy-to-read booklet that simply slips right into a lab coat pocket for a prepared reference. this can be a should have for the hot scientific teacher in addition to a concise reference if you were within the trenches yet may possibly use a few streamlining to their educating methods."--Nursing schooling Perspectives
This new version of the preferred ìFast evidenceî advisor to nursing schooling maintains to supply a wealth of pragmatic information regarding getting ready nurses to develop into top-notch medical teachers. utilizing real-life stories, the advisor follows the trainer from day one via medical assignments to accomplish a whole rotation. considerably revised, it contains:
Two new chapters:
- The position of simulation in medical studying
- Sample letters of reference and the way to procure them
New or revised information:
- Case stories of detrimental reviews that illustrate what to not do as a medical teacher
- New examples of on-line modules
- Changes in accreditation requisites
- How to foster pupil responsibility
- Preparing to your medical educating project
- How to prepare your semester relating to pursuits, communique with scholars, developing scholar expectancies, and extra
- Changes in pupil and instructor legal responsibility
- How to spot and aid vulnerable scholars
- How to accommodate punctuality and absences
- Safety matters
The booklet describes rules and tactics with which teachers needs to be accepted, and studies criminal concerns together with confidentiality and sufferer privateness. right documentation and scholar reviews are mentioned in addition to tips on how to behavior pupil scientific meetings. additionally lined are how you can make effective use of onsite team of workers and the instructorís accountability concerning NCLEX guidance. it is a invaluable source for nurses who're starting their expert educating careers and for professional college attempting to optimize the training adventure for his or her students.
Read Online or Download Fast Facts for the Clinical Nursing Instructor: Clinical Teaching in a Nutshell, Second Edition PDF
Best nursing books
"As anticipated, this ebook is advanced however it is additionally enticing, thought-provoking, and fascinating since it is helping nurses and different readers imagine deeply approximately assembly the desires of sufferers at their so much weak moments. ranking: ninety four, four Stars--Doody's scientific ReviewsCallista Roy, one in every of nursingís top theorists and writer of the generally used Roy variation version of Nursing, provides a special pathway for constructing wisdom for nursing perform.
This e-book introduces key themes from sociology that are suitable to midwifery audiences. Introductions to the classical theorists and the newer sociological views that form modern sociology are offered within the context in their applicability to midwifery perform. complicated sociological debates are provided in an easy demeanour, utilizing conception to scientific perform.
First version a 2013 Doody’s middle identify and AJN e-book of the yr Award Winner! this article offers top-tier tips for DNP scholars, graduate school, APRNs and different healthcare companies on easy methods to use to be had study for making improvements to sufferer results and decreasing bills. it's the simply source written expressly to fulfill the goals of DNP classes.
An unrivaled compendium of state-of-the-art details on self neglectThis authoritative source in presents nurses and healthcare execs with a accomplished evaluate and research of self-neglect in older adults. With an getting older international inhabitants, self-neglect is rising as a fancy challenge that crosses a number of disciplines of health and wellbeing and social care.
- Work-Life-Balance: Sind Berufstätigkeit und private Lebensbedürfnisse von intensivmedizinischen Pflegefachkräften in einer Leasingtätigkeit vereinbar?: Eine empirische Studie (German Edition)
- Advanced Health Assessment of Women, Third Edition: Clinical Skills and Procedures (Advanced Health Assessment of Women: Clinical Skills and Pro)
- Bedeutung und Grenzen von Patientenverfügung und Vorsorgevollmacht: Eine Betrachtung aus der Sicht eines Krankenpflegers (German Edition)
- Transitions Theory: Middle Range and Situation Specific Theories in Nursing Research and Practice (Meleis, Transitions Theory)
- Sexuelle Gewalt in der Pflege: Eine Literaturuntersuchung zu Erfahrungen von Patientinnen, Bewohnerinnen und Pflegerinnen in Krankenhäusern und Seniorenheimen (German Edition)
- Managing Your Practice: A Guide for Advanced Practice Nurses (Springer Series on Nursing Management and Leadership)
Extra info for Fast Facts for the Clinical Nursing Instructor: Clinical Teaching in a Nutshell, Second Edition