By Gerard Sullivan,PETER A JACKSON
- globalization conception exploring the political and cultural ramifications of the Western homosexual identification circulation
- Foucauldian discourse on sexuality and sharply specified erotic cultures
- political and cultural analyses of homosexual and lesbian comradeship and filial relationships in chinese language societies
- learn at the “T” and “po” lesbians (similar to butch and femme) in Malaysian bars
- the formation of homosexual cybercommunities in Asia
- the results of sophistication differences on Jakarta lesbians
- reviews of neighborhood historic varieties of homoeroticism and transgenderismGay and Lesbian Asia keeps Haworth's landmark sequence of books on homosexual and lesbian matters in Asia and Australia. in addition to Tongzhi: Politics of Same-Sex Eroticism in chinese language Societies; Queer Asian Cinema; Multicultural Queer: Australian Narratives; Gays and Lesbians in Asia and the Pacific; and woman Boys, Tom Boys, lease Boys: female and male Homosexualities in modern Thailand, this booklet provides essentially the most unique, robust present notion on hand on cultural, political, sexual, and gender concerns for queer subcultures inside Asian cultures.
Read Online or Download Gay and Lesbian Asia: Culture, Identity, Community PDF
Best gay & lesbian nonfiction books
Giving voice to a inhabitants too infrequently stated, candy Tea collects greater than sixty existence tales from black homosexual males who have been born, raised, and proceed to dwell within the South. E. Patrick Johnson demanding situations stereotypes of the South as "backward" or "repressive" and provides a window into the methods black homosexual males negotiate their identities, construct group, continue friendship networks, and locate sexual and lifestyles partners--often in areas and actions that seem to be antigay.
Realize the notable lady at the back of the legend. observe Christine Jorgensen’s outstanding, inspirational trip to develop into the lady she regularly knew she must have been. turning into a girl: A Biography of Christine Jorgensen presents attention-grabbing insights concerning the lady who opened doors—and minds—on behalf of sexual minorities.
The expanding numbers of LGBT kids who decide to reside their lives as "out" early life face specified concerns inside their colleges, households, and groups. This publication offers details that would aid LGBT formative years conquer their demanding situations and provides non-LGBT early life a greater figuring out of sexual identities diverse from their very own.
“Gender platforms pervade and control human lives—in legislation courts and working rooms, ballparks and poker golf equipment, hair-dressing salons and kitchens, school rooms and playgroups. . . . precisely how gender works varies from tradition to tradition, and from ancient interval to ancient interval, yet gender is particularly rarely not at paintings.
- Out in the Periphery: Latin America's Gay Rights Revolution
- Bisexual Perspectives on the Life and Work of Alfred C. Kinsey
- Gays Ain’t Got A Civil Right to Get Married! (Neither Do Straights)
- Gay and Lesbian Elders: History, Law, and Identity Politics in the United States
Extra resources for Gay and Lesbian Asia: Culture, Identity, Community