By Merje Kuus
Geopolitics and Expertise is an in-depth exploration of the way professional wisdom is created and exercised within the exterior kinfolk equipment of the eu Union.
- Provides an extraordinary, full-length paintings on transnational diplomatic practice
- Based on a rigorous and empirical learn, regarding over a hundred interviews with coverage pros over seven years
- Focuses at the qualitative and contextual, instead of the quantitative and uniform
- Moves past conventional political technology to combination human geography, diplomacy, anthropology, and sociology
Read or Download Geopolitics and Expertise: Knowledge and Authority in European Diplomacy (RGS-IBG Book Series) PDF
Best international law books
This selection of unique essays offers a huge review of regionalism, including precise analyses at the building, actions, and implications of either verified and rising examples of formal political and financial corporations in addition to casual local entities and networks. geared toward students and scholars drawn to the ongoing progress of regionalism, The Ashgate learn significant other to Regionalisms is a key source to knowing the main debates within the box.
The realm this day is crushed via wars among countries and inside of countries, wars that experience ruled American politics for fairly a while. aspect of assault demands a brand new realizing of the grounds for warfare. during this publication John Yoo argues that the hot threats to overseas safeguard come no longer from warfare among the nice powers, yet from the interior cave in of states, terrorist teams, the unfold of guns of mass destruction, and destabilizing local powers.
The relevance and value of the guideline of legislations to the overseas felony order can't be doubted and was once lately reaffirmed via the announcement of the High-level assembly of the overall meeting at the Rule of legislations on the nationwide and overseas Level's solemn dedication to it on behalf of states and foreign corporations.
This e-book presents the definitive reference element on the entire matters touching on facing the 'crisis of the rule of thumb of legislation' within the eu Union. either Member country and european degrees are thought of. specific consciousness is paid to the research of the concrete felony bases and tools that the ecu might avail itself of for imposing rule of legislations, and the quantity basically demonstrates variety of legally sound methods of rule of legislation oversight can be found.
- The Nuclear Non-proliferation Treaty
- The New Law and Economic Development: A Critical Appraisal
- The Role of the Public Bureaucracy in Policy Implementation in Five ASEAN Countries (Integration through Law:The Role of Law and the Rule of Law in ASEAN Integration)
- Access to Justice as a Human Right (Collected Courses of the Academy of European Law)
- Global Health and Human Rights: Legal and Philosophical Perspectives (Routledge Research in Human Rights Law)
- The European Union and Interregionalism: Patterns of Engagement
Additional resources for Geopolitics and Expertise: Knowledge and Authority in European Diplomacy (RGS-IBG Book Series)