By Kelly A., PhD, RN, ACNS-BC, FAAN Goudreau,Mary C., EdD, MS, FNP, FAANP Smolenski
Praise for the 1st Edition:
"There are many coverage books, yet none are written through APRNs or concentration simply on APRN practice…APRNs are on the middle, or will be, in the event that they use their perform wisdom and schooling to form policy...[The] editors eloquently make the case that coverage formation is a severe nursing skill." --Doody's scientific Reviews
The merely booklet of its type, this article deals a wealth of data concerning the position of every kind of APRNs (NPs, CNSs, CNMs, and CRNAs) in influencing the improvement and alertness of overall healthiness care coverage in quite a lot of specialties. that includes 9 thoroughly new chapters, the second one version promises an invigorated concentrate on constructing coverage that advocates for weak populations and discusses how the incorporation of interprofessional schooling has replaced and may proceed to change overall healthiness coverage within the U.S. and across the world. The textual content additionally discusses the evolving impression of the sufferer safety cheap Care Act (PPACA) and the results of present and health and wellbeing coverage alterations that might be impacting the perform of assorted APRN roles.
Authored by way of APRN luminaries who've been heavily concerned with wellbeing and fitness coverage improvement, the textual content meets the necessities of the IOM document at the way forward for Nursing and the DNP standards V for the inclusion of health and wellbeing coverage and advocacy within the curriculum. This "call to motion" for APRNs is in particular designed for classes enrolling scholars from various APRN trajectories, and contains content material from all APRN function views in each part.
New to the second one Edition:
- Emphasizes coverage improvement advocating for susceptible populations
- Discusses the present and destiny impression of interprofessional educaton on wellbeing and fitness coverage within the U.S. and worldwide
- Addresses how wellbeing and fitness coverage alterations will impression many of the APRN roles
- Includes 9 new chapters on: future health coverage and its influence on huge structures, Value-Based deciding to buy, future health Care Reform and self sustaining perform, healthiness coverage Implications relating to Substance Abuse/PTSD remedy, Genetics, Competency matters, and The foreign Council of Nurses
- Addresses role-specific coverage wishes of all 4 APRN roles and DNPs
- Encompasses all considered necessary information regarding wellbeing and fitness care coverage and reform within the U.S. and world wide and its impression on complicated perform nursing
- Meets the necessities of IOM’s the way forward for Nursing and DNP standards V
- Explains how and why APRNs can and may impact coverage development
- Discusses implications of now not partaking in future health coverage decisions
Read or Download Health Policy and Advanced Practice Nursing, Second Edition: Impact and Implications PDF
Similar nursing books
"As anticipated, this booklet is advanced however it can also be enticing, thought-provoking, and interesting since it is helping nurses and different readers imagine deeply approximately assembly the wishes of sufferers at their so much susceptible moments. rating: ninety four, four Stars--Doody's scientific ReviewsCallista Roy, one in all nursingís major theorists and author of the commonly used Roy model version of Nursing, provides a different pathway for constructing wisdom for nursing perform.
This e-book introduces key themes from sociology that are appropriate to midwifery audiences. Introductions to the classical theorists and the more moderen sociological views that form modern sociology are awarded within the context in their applicability to midwifery perform. advanced sociological debates are awarded in an easy demeanour, using conception to medical perform.
First version a 2013 Doody’s middle identify and AJN publication of the yr Award Winner! this article presents top-tier assistance for DNP scholars, graduate college, APRNs and different healthcare prone on the right way to use on hand examine for bettering sufferer results and decreasing expenses. it's the in basic terms source written expressly to fulfill the pursuits of DNP classes.
An unmatched compendium of state-of-the-art details on self neglectThis authoritative source in presents nurses and healthcare execs with a finished review and research of self-neglect in older adults. With an getting older international inhabitants, self-neglect is rising as a fancy challenge that crosses a number of disciplines of health and wellbeing and social care.
- Annual Review of Nursing Research, Volume 30, 2012: Disasters and Humanitarian Assistance
- Clinical Cases: Nursing care case studies - Inkling
- CEN Exam Flashcard Study System: CEN Test Practice Questions & Review for the Certification for Emergency Nursing Examination
- Foundations of Clinical Nurse Specialist Practice, Second Edition
- One Student Nurse to Another All In One Study Guide
- ATI TEAS Secrets Study Guide: TEAS 6 Complete Study Manual, Full-Length Practice Tests, Review Video Tutorials for the Test of Essential Academic Skills, Sixth Edition
Extra info for Health Policy and Advanced Practice Nursing, Second Edition: Impact and Implications