By Jennifer Brier
Read Online or Download Infectious Ideas: U.S. Political Responses to the AIDS Crisis PDF
Best gay & lesbian nonfiction books
Giving voice to a inhabitants too hardly stated, candy Tea collects greater than sixty existence tales from black homosexual males who have been born, raised, and proceed to reside within the South. E. Patrick Johnson demanding situations stereotypes of the South as "backward" or "repressive" and gives a window into the methods black homosexual males negotiate their identities, construct neighborhood, continue friendship networks, and locate sexual and existence partners--often in areas and actions that seem to be antigay.
Observe the amazing lady in the back of the legend. observe Christine Jorgensen’s notable, inspirational trip to develop into the girl she continuously knew she must have been. changing into a lady: A Biography of Christine Jorgensen offers interesting insights in regards to the lady who opened doors—and minds—on behalf of sexual minorities.
The expanding numbers of LGBT little ones who decide to dwell their lives as "out" early life face particular matters inside of their colleges, households, and groups. This ebook offers details that may support LGBT formative years triumph over their demanding situations and provides non-LGBT early life a greater knowing of sexual identities diverse from their very own.
“Gender platforms pervade and control human lives—in legislation courts and working rooms, ballparks and poker golf equipment, hair-dressing salons and kitchens, study rooms and playgroups. . . . precisely how gender works varies from tradition to tradition, and from old interval to old interval, yet gender is especially rarely not at paintings.
- Entre mulheres: Depoimentos homoafetivos (Portuguese Edition)
- Slaves to Fashion: Black Dandyism and the Styling of Black Diasporic Identity (e-Duke books scholarly collection.)
- Queer Horror Film and Television: Sexuality and Masculinity at the Margins (20160930)
- Queer in Europe: Contemporary Case Studies (Queer Interventions)
- Sexual Fields: Toward a Sociology of Collective Sexual Life
- Performing Exile, Performing Self: Drama, Theatre, Film (Studies in International Performance)
Additional info for Infectious Ideas: U.S. Political Responses to the AIDS Crisis