By Daniel D. Bradlow,David Hunter,David B. Hunter
The many matters raised comprise the subsequent:
• IFIs’ impression on monetary rules in Member States;
• IFI operations as inner most monetary transactions;
• IFIs as key gamers within the production of overseas legislations;
• IFIs as promoters of the overseas capitalist process;
• IFIs as bearers of human rights responsibilities less than overseas human rights legislation or as contributors within the UN method;
• outcomes of an IFI’s breach of its personal inner guidelines or directives;
• IFI immunity;
• IFI capability to sue and to be sued in nationwide courts;
• skill of assorted claimants to sue IFIs in household courts;
• environmental and social rights and pursuits of 3rd events stricken by IFI financing;
• correct of indigenous humans to provide their unfastened, previous, and trained consent to IFI operations that have an effect on them; and
• IFIs’ remedy of staff’ rights.
Read Online or Download International Financial Institutions and International Law PDF
Similar international law books
This selection of unique essays presents a huge review of regionalism, including exact analyses at the development, actions, and implications of either tested and rising examples of formal political and fiscal companies in addition to casual nearby entities and networks. aimed toward students and scholars drawn to the ongoing progress of regionalism, The Ashgate examine better half to Regionalisms is a key source to figuring out the main debates within the box.
The realm this present day is crushed by means of wars among countries and inside of international locations, wars that experience ruled American politics for really your time. aspect of assault demands a brand new figuring out of the grounds for conflict. during this ebook John Yoo argues that the hot threats to overseas defense come no longer from battle among the good powers, yet from the interior cave in of states, terrorist teams, the unfold of guns of mass destruction, and destabilizing neighborhood powers.
The relevance and value of the guideline of legislation to the overseas criminal order can't be doubted and used to be lately reaffirmed by means of the assertion of the High-level assembly of the overall meeting at the Rule of legislations on the nationwide and overseas Level's solemn dedication to it on behalf of states and overseas organisations.
This booklet offers the definitive reference element on all of the concerns bearing on facing the 'crisis of the rule of thumb of legislation' within the eu Union. either Member kingdom and ecu degrees are thought of. specific realization is paid to the research of the concrete felony bases and tools that the ecu could avail itself of for imposing rule of legislations, and the amount in actual fact demonstrates variety of legally sound methods of rule of legislations oversight can be found.
- Behind the Multilateral Trading System: Legal Indigenization and the WTO in Comparative Perspective
- Justice for Victims before the International Criminal Court (Routledge Research in International Law)
- International Dispute Settlement
- Revisiting the Concept of Defence in the Jus ad Bellum: The Dual Face of Defence (Studies in International Law)
- Judges, Law and War: The Judicial Development of International Humanitarian Law (Cambridge Studies in International and Comparative Law)
- Proskauer on Privacy: A Guide to Privacy and Data Security Law in the Information Age (2nd Edition)
Extra info for International Financial Institutions and International Law