By Roland W. Kays,Don E. Wilson
The best-selling box consultant that "sets new criteria" (New Scientist) and "makes all different box publications for mammals of the U.S.. . . and Canada out of date" (Journal of Mammalogy) is now even greater. overlaying 20 species well-known in view that 2002 and together with thirteen new colour plates, this totally revised variation of Mammals of North America illustrates all 462 identified mammal species within the usa and Canada--each in appealing colour and actual aspect. With a extra up to date species record than the other advisor, enhanced facing-page descriptions, easier-to-read distribution maps, up to date universal and medical names, and music and scat illustrations, this slender, gentle, and easy-to-use quantity is the must-have resource for selecting North American mammals.
Roland Kays and Don Wilson have scoured the technical literature to tug out the major changes among related species, and illustrated those each time attainable, making the advisor worthy to novice naturalists zoologists alike. informal animal watchers will get pleasure from the review of mammal variety and the guidelines on deciding on animals they could undercover agent of their binoculars, whereas scientists will savour the exacting aspect had to distinguish comparable species, together with illustrations of shrew enamel, bat ft, and whale dorsal fins.
- The best-illustrated and easiest-to-use box consultant to North American mammals
- Beautiful and exact colour illustrations of all 462 mammals present in the us and Canada--including 20 species well-known on account that 2002
- 112 colour plates--including thirteen new ones
- Key identity information--fully revised--on dealing with pages
- The most present taxonomy/species checklist
- Fully revised, easy-to-read variety maps
- Illustrations of tracks, scat, and whale and dolphin dive sequences
Read or Download Mammals of North America: Second Edition (Princeton Field Guides) PDF
Similar fishing & outdoors reference books
A finished common background of 1 of Britain’s favorite animalsThe badger has for a few years occupied a distinct position within the British attention. even though most folks have by no means visible one, the badger has turn into one among Britain's best-loved animals. The variety of enterprises that use the badger as a symbol, the variety of web pages that includes information regarding badgers, and the variety of voluntary badger defense societies that exist are testomony to this attractiveness.
The final word must-have consultant for opting for migrant raptors, Hawks at a Distance is the 1st quantity to target far-off raptors as they're really noticeable within the box. Jerry Liguori, a number one specialist on North American raptors, components in new info and methods for deciding upon twenty-nine species of raptor in numerous lighting fixtures events and settings.
This awesome number of engravings offers designers and advertisement artists with a powerful sourcebook of Victorian-era plant pictures — all royalty-free. integrated are 2,400 crisply particular illustrations of hundreds of thousands of vegetation — from lilies, lichens, mushrooms and marigolds, to poppies, arms, maples, and mosses.
Besuch bei den Kopfjägern"Schweißperlen stehen auf der Stirn, das Gesicht glänzt feucht. Der Körper ist klitschnass. Die Kleidung klebt am Körper. Die Schuhe scheinen sich tonnenschwer durch den modrigen und glitschigen Matsch zu quälen. Und dann: es schwirrt überall. Fliegen, Mücken, Käfer, teilweise so klein, dass sie nur als dunkle Pünktchen auf der Kleidung zu erkennen sind.
- Data Acquisition and Processing in Biology and Medicine: Proceedings of the 1964 Rochester Conference
- Der Pilzberater für unterwegs: Fragen und Antworten (German Edition)
- The Little Data Book on Climate Change 2011 (World Bank Publications)
- Extraction of humic acid from sediment obtained from Eniong River, Nigeria
Extra info for Mammals of North America: Second Edition (Princeton Field Guides)