By John Longres
- a cross-cultural comparability of id, networks, and social help styles between European-, African-, and Latino American males looking companies from an HIV prevention program.
- an ecological evaluation version that may be utilized by social provider execs operating with African American men.
- an historically-based description of local American males that ends with their very own precise imaginative and prescient for scientific services.
- a evaluation of the literature on Latin American and Filipino men.
- an historic exam of Korean norms and attitudes on homosexuality.
- a dialogue of an utilized study schedule for homosexual males of colour that derives from the necessity to enhance supply of social services.Men of colour asserts that homosexually energetic males of colour are usually stuck in a quandary: they need to choose from their ethnic and sexual identities, both placing their ethnicity earlier than their gayness, or their gayness sooner than their ethnicity. The ebook predicts that the trap of sexual freedom, coupled with the relaxation of previous traditions, will bring about a brand new synthesis of homosexual and ethnic identities and is helping carrier companies facilitate this synthesis. no matter if you’re a social merchant, social paintings or health and wellbeing educator, or gay/lesbian reports educator, you will discover males of colour an excellent advisor for making improvements to your services.
Read Online or Download Men of Color: A Context for Service to Homosexually Active Men PDF
Similar gay & lesbian nonfiction books
Giving voice to a inhabitants too not often said, candy Tea collects greater than sixty existence tales from black homosexual males who have been born, raised, and proceed to reside within the South. E. Patrick Johnson demanding situations stereotypes of the South as "backward" or "repressive" and provides a window into the methods black homosexual males negotiate their identities, construct neighborhood, preserve friendship networks, and locate sexual and existence partners--often in areas and actions that seem to be antigay.
Become aware of the amazing girl at the back of the legend. observe Christine Jorgensen’s awesome, inspirational trip to develop into the lady she continually knew she must have been. turning into a girl: A Biography of Christine Jorgensen offers interesting insights concerning the lady who opened doors—and minds—on behalf of sexual minorities.
The expanding numbers of LGBT children who decide to stay their lives as "out" adolescence face specified concerns inside of their faculties, households, and groups. This ebook presents details that would aid LGBT early life triumph over their demanding situations and provides non-LGBT adolescence a greater knowing of sexual identities assorted from their very own.
“Gender platforms pervade and keep an eye on human lives—in legislations courts and working rooms, ballparks and poker golf equipment, hair-dressing salons and kitchens, study rooms and playgroups. . . . precisely how gender works varies from tradition to tradition, and from historic interval to old interval, yet gender is particularly rarely not at paintings.
- Oppression and the Body: Roots, Resistance, and Resolutions
- Queer Cinema in the World
- The Many Faces of Homosexuality: Anthropological Approaches to Homosexual Behavior (Research on Homosexuality)
- It's Been a Business Doing Pleasure with You: Stories of a Colt Studios Model
- Queer Social Philosophy: CRITICAL READINGS FROM KANT TO ADORNO
- A Collection of 39 Different Erotic Lesbian Stories & More!
Extra info for Men of Color: A Context for Service to Homosexually Active Men