By Douglas Gosse
Read or Download Out Proud: Stories of Pride, Courage, and Social Justice PDF
Best gay & lesbian nonfiction books
Giving voice to a inhabitants too hardly ever said, candy Tea collects greater than sixty existence tales from black homosexual males who have been born, raised, and proceed to dwell within the South. E. Patrick Johnson demanding situations stereotypes of the South as "backward" or "repressive" and gives a window into the methods black homosexual males negotiate their identities, construct group, continue friendship networks, and locate sexual and existence partners--often in areas and actions that seem to be antigay.
Detect the outstanding girl in the back of the legend. detect Christine Jorgensen’s amazing, inspirational trip to develop into the girl she continuously knew she must have been. changing into a lady: A Biography of Christine Jorgensen presents interesting insights in regards to the girl who opened doors—and minds—on behalf of sexual minorities.
The expanding numbers of LGBT children who decide to stay their lives as "out" adolescence face detailed matters inside of their faculties, households, and groups. This e-book presents info that might support LGBT formative years triumph over their demanding situations and provides non-LGBT early life a greater figuring out of sexual identities diversified from their very own.
“Gender structures pervade and keep watch over human lives—in legislations courts and working rooms, ballparks and poker golf equipment, hair-dressing salons and kitchens, school rooms and playgroups. . . . precisely how gender works varies from tradition to tradition, and from historic interval to old interval, yet gender is particularly rarely not at paintings.
- Barrack Buddies and Soldier Lovers: Dialogues With Gay Young Men in the U.S. Military (Haworth Gay & Lesbian Studies)
- Handbook of Research with Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Populations
- Lesbian Family Life, Like the Fingers of a Hand: Under-Discussed and Controversial Topics (Journal of Lesbian Studies)
- Winning Marriage: The Inside Story of How Same-Sex Couples Took on the Politicians and Pundits—and Won
- Queer Tracks: Subversive Strategies in Rock and Pop Music (Ashgate Popular and Folk Music Series)
- A Thorn in the Flesh: How Gay Sexuality is Changing the Episcopal Church
Additional resources for Out Proud: Stories of Pride, Courage, and Social Justice