By Alyson Campbell,Stephen Farrier
Read Online or Download Queer Dramaturgies: International Perspectives on Where Performance Leads Queer (Contemporary Performance InterActions) PDF
Best gay & lesbian nonfiction books
Giving voice to a inhabitants too not often said, candy Tea collects greater than sixty lifestyles tales from black homosexual males who have been born, raised, and proceed to dwell within the South. E. Patrick Johnson demanding situations stereotypes of the South as "backward" or "repressive" and provides a window into the methods black homosexual males negotiate their identities, construct neighborhood, continue friendship networks, and locate sexual and existence partners--often in areas and actions that seem to be antigay.
Detect the impressive girl at the back of the legend. become aware of Christine Jorgensen’s notable, inspirational trip to develop into the lady she constantly knew she must have been. turning into a girl: A Biography of Christine Jorgensen presents interesting insights concerning the lady who opened doors—and minds—on behalf of sexual minorities.
The expanding numbers of LGBT children who decide to reside their lives as "out" adolescence face distinct concerns inside their colleges, households, and groups. This booklet offers info that might aid LGBT early life conquer their demanding situations and provides non-LGBT adolescence a greater realizing of sexual identities diverse from their very own.
“Gender platforms pervade and keep an eye on human lives—in legislation courts and working rooms, ballparks and poker golf equipment, hair-dressing salons and kitchens, study rooms and playgroups. . . . precisely how gender works varies from tradition to tradition, and from old interval to ancient interval, yet gender is particularly rarely not at paintings.
- That's So Gay! Microaggressions and the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Community (Perspectives on Sexual Orientation and Gender Diversity)
- Somatechnics: Queering the Technologisation of Bodies: 4 (Queer Interventions)
- Making a Scene: Lesbians and Community across Canada, 1964-84 (Sexuality Studies)
- Rings of Misfortune: Everything Is Not Enough
- Gay Novels of Britain, Ireland and the Commonwealth, 1881–1981: A Reader’s Guide
- Impossible Desires: Queer Diasporas and South Asian Public Cultures (Perverse Modernities)
Extra info for Queer Dramaturgies: International Perspectives on Where Performance Leads Queer (Contemporary Performance InterActions)