By David Shneer,Caryn Aviv
Read or Download Queer Jews PDF
Best gay & lesbian nonfiction books
Giving voice to a inhabitants too hardly stated, candy Tea collects greater than sixty lifestyles tales from black homosexual males who have been born, raised, and proceed to reside within the South. E. Patrick Johnson demanding situations stereotypes of the South as "backward" or "repressive" and gives a window into the methods black homosexual males negotiate their identities, construct group, keep friendship networks, and locate sexual and existence partners--often in areas and actions that seem to be antigay.
Realize the outstanding lady at the back of the legend. notice Christine Jorgensen’s outstanding, inspirational trip to turn into the girl she constantly knew she must have been. turning into a lady: A Biography of Christine Jorgensen offers interesting insights in regards to the lady who opened doors—and minds—on behalf of sexual minorities.
The expanding numbers of LGBT little ones who decide to dwell their lives as "out" adolescence face precise matters inside of their colleges, households, and groups. This ebook offers info that might support LGBT early life triumph over their demanding situations and provides non-LGBT early life a greater knowing of sexual identities varied from their very own.
“Gender structures pervade and keep watch over human lives—in legislations courts and working rooms, ballparks and poker golf equipment, hair-dressing salons and kitchens, school rooms and playgroups. . . . precisely how gender works varies from tradition to tradition, and from historic interval to old interval, yet gender is especially rarely not at paintings.
- Queer Bergman: Sexuality, Gender, and the European Art Cinema
- GAY—Beyond an Issue: Questioning Sexual Myths
- Looking Like What You Are: Sexual Style, Race, and Lesbian Identity (Cutting Edge: Lesbian Life & Literature (Paperback))
- The Lesbian History Sourcebook: Love and Sex Between Women in Britain from 1780–1970
- Accidental Activists: Mark Phariss, Vic Holmes, and Their Fight for Marriage Equality in Texas (Mayborn Literary Nonfiction Series)
- The Nuptial Deal: Same-Sex Marriage and Neo-Liberal Governance
Additional info for Queer Jews