By Gerard Loughlin,Tina Beattie,Daniel Boyarin,Virginia Burrus ; Paul Fletcher ; Christopher Hinckle ; Amy Hollywood ; Grace Jantzen ;
- A amazing choice of in particular commissioned essays through the various brightest and better of Anglo-American scholars
- Edited by means of one of many prime theologians operating on the interface among faith and modern culture
- Reconceptualizes the physique and its desires
- Enlarges the meaningfulness of Christian sexuality for the nice of the Church
- Proposes that our bodies are the cellular items of adjusting discourses and regimes of power.
Read Online or Download Queer Theology: Rethinking the Western Body PDF
Best gay & lesbian nonfiction books
Giving voice to a inhabitants too not often said, candy Tea collects greater than sixty lifestyles tales from black homosexual males who have been born, raised, and proceed to stay within the South. E. Patrick Johnson demanding situations stereotypes of the South as "backward" or "repressive" and provides a window into the methods black homosexual males negotiate their identities, construct neighborhood, preserve friendship networks, and locate sexual and existence partners--often in areas and actions that seem to be antigay.
Realize the amazing girl at the back of the legend. notice Christine Jorgensen’s notable, inspirational trip to turn into the lady she continually knew she must have been. turning into a girl: A Biography of Christine Jorgensen offers interesting insights concerning the lady who opened doors—and minds—on behalf of sexual minorities.
The expanding numbers of LGBT children who decide to dwell their lives as "out" early life face detailed concerns inside their faculties, households, and groups. This e-book offers details that would support LGBT adolescence conquer their demanding situations and provides non-LGBT adolescence a greater realizing of sexual identities assorted from their very own.
“Gender structures pervade and control human lives—in legislations courts and working rooms, ballparks and poker golf equipment, hair-dressing salons and kitchens, study rooms and playgroups. . . . precisely how gender works varies from tradition to tradition, and from historic interval to historic interval, yet gender is particularly rarely not at paintings.
- Hoover's War on Gays: Exposing the FBI's "Sex Deviates" Program
- The Sexuality of History: Modernity and the Sapphic, 1565-1830
- Contemporary Research on Sex Work
- Biología de la homosexualidad (Libros de Síntesis) (Spanish Edition)
- The Un-Americans: Jews, the Blacklist, and Stoolpigeon Culture (Series Q)
- Homoerotic Sensibilities in Late Imperial China (Routledge/Asian Studies Association of Australia (ASAA) East Asian Series)
Extra resources for Queer Theology: Rethinking the Western Body