By Soren Kierkegaard,Thomas C. Oden
--This textual content refers back to the Paperback edition.
Read or Download The Humor of Kierkegaard: An Anthology PDF
Similar biographies & memoirs of philosophers books
For over 8 hundred years, philosophers—men and women—who known as themselves Cynics, actually "dogs" of their language, roamed the streets and byways of the Hellenistic international, instructing unusual rules and working towards a weird and wonderful lifestyle. between them, an important and specific used to be Diogenes of Sinope, who turned the archetype of Classical Cynicism.
“Absorbing, meticulously researched. . . . [Sperber] succeeds within the basic activity of all biography, re-creating a guy who leaps off the web page. ” —Jonathan Freedland, long island instances ebook ReviewIn this magisterial biography of Karl Marx, “likely to be definitive for a few years to return” (John grey, ny evaluation of Books), historian Jonathan Sperber creates a meticulously researched and multilayered portrait of either the guy and the progressive instances within which he lived.
In his quest to resolve 'the ever-disquieting riddle of existence', Schopenhauer explored virtually each size of human life, constructing a darkly compelling worldview that discovered deep resonance in modern literature, tune, philosophy, and psychology. this is often the 1st entire biography of Schopenhauer written in English.
First released in 1977 this ebook is either expository and demanding and concentres on Hobbes' moral and political concept, but additionally contemplating the influence on those of his metaphysics. up to date, with a brand new preface specifically for this re-issue, which brings jointly contemporary scholarship on Hobbes, a selected helpful characteristic of the booklet is the recent, serious bibliography.
- Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
- Kierkegaard's Journals and Notebooks, Volume 9: Journals NB26–NB30: Journals NB26-NB30
- Aristotle: His Life and School
- Winstanley and the Diggers, 1649-1999: Special Issue of the Journal "Prose Studies"
- Gilles Deleuze and Félix Guattari: Intersecting Lives (European Perspectives: A Series in Social Thought and Cultural Criticism)
- The Spinozistic Ethics of Bertrand Russell (Routledge Library Editions: Russell)
Extra info for The Humor of Kierkegaard: An Anthology