By Kathy Barco,Valerie Nye
* Tells the tales of librarians who withstood tough situations to champion highbrow freedom
* Touches on prickly matters reminiscent of age-appropriateness, a few librarians’ temptation to preemptively censor, delicate cultural expressions, and criminal activity within the library
* provides case reviews of defenses that have been unsuccessful, so librarians dealing with related demanding situations can examine from those defeats
There are fewer occasions extra demanding in a librarian's expert lifestyles than being individually faced with a requirement to take away a publication from the cabinets or now not understanding find out how to reply to different kinds of censorship demanding situations. analyzing this publication can help enhance and tell these within the fray.
Read or Download True Stories of Censorship Battles in America's Libraries PDF
Similar library & information science books
The Investigator's consultant to Steganography offers a accomplished examine this designated type of hidden communique from its beginnings to fashionable makes use of. It starts off through exploring the prior; offering perception into how this steganography started and advanced from precedent days to give day. It maintains with an in-depth examine the workings of electronic steganography and watermarking tools, on hand instruments on the net, and the corporations who're offering leading edge steganography and watermarking providers.
Our reminiscence provides the human species a different evolutionary virtue. Our tales, principles, and innovations--in a note, our "culture"--can be recorded and handed directly to destiny generations. Our enduring tradition and stressed interest have enabled us to invent robust info applied sciences that provide us useful standpoint on our earlier and outline our destiny.
College and learn Library stories, quantity eight offers the starting to be information of the overseas personality of library reports. This e-book discusses the hugely geared up method of library technological know-how examine in jap Europe. made from six chapters, this quantity starts with an summary of the benefits of the comparative research of the libraries of assorted international locations, together with the probabilities of improvement and recommendations to commonly used problems.
Smooth library prone might be awfully complicated. even more so than their forebears, sleek librarians needs to grapple day-by-day with questions of the way most sensible to enforce leading edge new prone, whereas additionally keeping and updating the previous. The efforts undertaken are monstrous, yet how top to judge their luck?
- The LCSH Century: One Hundred Years with the Library of Congress Subject Headings System
- Archives and Archivists in 20th Century England
- Interne Kommunikation in der Bibliothek (Praxiswissen) (German Edition)
- The Card Catalog: Books, Cards, and Literary Treasures
- The Lessons Learned Handbook: Practical Approaches to Learning from Experience
Additional info for True Stories of Censorship Battles in America's Libraries