By Kourtney Carter
Read or Download When A Woman Loves A Woman PDF
Best gay & lesbian nonfiction books
Giving voice to a inhabitants too infrequently said, candy Tea collects greater than sixty lifestyles tales from black homosexual males who have been born, raised, and proceed to stay within the South. E. Patrick Johnson demanding situations stereotypes of the South as "backward" or "repressive" and gives a window into the methods black homosexual males negotiate their identities, construct neighborhood, keep friendship networks, and locate sexual and lifestyles partners--often in areas and actions that seem to be antigay.
Become aware of the awesome girl in the back of the legend. detect Christine Jorgensen’s notable, inspirational trip to develop into the girl she continuously knew she must have been. changing into a lady: A Biography of Christine Jorgensen presents attention-grabbing insights concerning the lady who opened doors—and minds—on behalf of sexual minorities.
The expanding numbers of LGBT kids who decide to dwell their lives as "out" early life face exact concerns inside of their faculties, households, and groups. This e-book offers details that may support LGBT adolescence conquer their demanding situations and provides non-LGBT formative years a greater realizing of sexual identities diverse from their very own.
“Gender platforms pervade and control human lives—in legislations courts and working rooms, ballparks and poker golf equipment, hair-dressing salons and kitchens, school rooms and playgroups. . . . precisely how gender works varies from tradition to tradition, and from historic interval to ancient interval, yet gender is particularly rarely not at paintings.
- Sexual Fields: Toward a Sociology of Collective Sexual Life
- Fat Activism: A Radical Social Movement
- Appalachia in Regional Context: Place Matters (Place Matters: New Directions in Appalachian Studies)
- Queer 1950s: Rethinking Sexuality in the Postwar Years (Genders and Sexualities in History)
- Sexual Politics, Sexual Communities: Second Edition
- Speaking for Our Lives: Historic Speeches and Rhetoric for Gay and Lesbian Rights (1892-2000)
Extra resources for When A Woman Loves A Woman