What is femtalent?
The project is coordinated by The Network of Science and Technology Parks of Catalonia (XPCAT), and promoted by Barcelona Activa, in collaboration with other women associations.
Since 2008, femtalent has developed activities focused on:
- Encourage child, especially girls, to choose science, technology and innovative careers, in order to change stereotypes in these fields. Especially stimulated science and technology vocations in primary schools.
- Present to the society good examples of women talent in science and technology fields in order to create a critical mass that increase the number of women in these areas of expertise and improve women professional careers.
- Empower women to raise leadership and top positions. Femtalent identified brilliant women professionals in science, technology and entrepreneurship positions. And helped them with training and mentoring programs in order to increase number of women in the Board of Directors of companies.
- Involve people and companies in new time management necessities and consequence benefits. New time management and egalitarian procedures improve balancing lives and therefore make economy and productivity profitable.
- 30 companies trained and mentored in new time management procedures.
- Over 200 people trained in “Egalitarian opportunities” in the companies.
- Over 100 women in a top positions identified; 34 selected and trained to occupy a leader position in the companies’ Board of Directors.
- Over 5.000 children in 75 primary schools were motivated in science, technology and innovative professions in order to improve egalitarian relationships in science and technology fields.
- A virtual femtalent community: 4.857 people.
femtalent forum 2018
In this new edition, main subject of femtalent forum will emphasize top women in international arena and/or these who are leading international projects in research, industry and innovation.
In this sense, femtalent wants to show also women in Science and Technology Parks distributed worldwide. The title of the forum is “World Wide Women: inspiring Global Women Talent” and it will will be celebrated on March 2018.
Digital transformation is impacting in transversal way all sectors in the labour market. Women are active participants in this revolution from different origins, cultures, social classes, religions, sexual orientation and age. From femtalent forum, we want to show all of these women diversity models as a referents examples to encourage women’s participation in future professions, where technology will be a key aspect.